Saikou Y. Diallo, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering
Research Assistant Professor
Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center
Ph.D. - Modeling and Simulation - Old Dominion University
M.S. - Modeling and Simulation- Old Dominion University
B.S. - Computer Engineering - Old Dominion University
|Dr. Diallo has studied the concepts of interoperability of simulations and composability of models for the last six years. He developed a formal theory of interoperability and is currently extending it using Model Theory. He is currently conducting research into the design of infrastructures to integrate command and control systems (C2) with simulations or robotics. He is VMASC's lead researcher in CBMS (Coalition Battle Management Services), an expert in Modeling and Simulation, and lead of the M&S Interoperability group at VMASC.|
Phone: (757) 638-6320
- Padilla, J., Diallo, S., Sousa-Poza, A., and Tolk, A. Towards a General Theory of Understanding. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science (Under Review).
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Y. Diallo: "Model-based Data Engineering for Web Services," Chapter 6 in Richi Nayak, Nikhil Ichalkaranje, and Lakhmi C. Jain (Eds.): Evolution of the Web in Artificial Intelligence Environment, SCI 130, pp. 137-161, Springer, 2008.
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Y. Diallo, Charles D. Turnitsa, Leslie S. Winters: "Composable M&S Web Services for Net-centric Applications," Journal for Defense Modeling & Simulation (JDMS), Volume 3, Number 1, pp. 27-44, January 2006
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Diallo: "Model-Based Data Engineering for Web Services," IEEE Internet Computing Volume 9, Number 4, pp. 65-70, July/August 2005.
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Y. Diallo, Charles D. Turnitsa: "Data Engineering and Process Engineering for Management of M&S Interoperation," Third International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization Sharjah, U.A.E January 20-22 2009 (awarded paper).
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Y. Diallo, Charles D. Turnitsa: "A System View of C-BML," Fall Simulation Interoperability Workshop 2007, Paper 07F-SIW-054, Orlando, FL, September 2007 (awarded paper).
- Andreas Tolk, Saikou Y. Diallo, Charles D. Turnitsa: "Data, Models, Federations, Common Reference Models, and Model Theory," European Simulation Interoperability Workshop 2007, Paper 07E-SIW-052, Genoa, Italy, June 2007 (awarded paper).