Johnny J. Garcia, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering
Ph.D. - Modeling & Simulation - Old Dominion University
MBA - Florida Institute of Technology
MS - Information Systems - Florida Institute of Technology
BS - Computer Information Systems, St. Leo College
BA - Business Administration, St. Leo College
Associates of Arts Degree - St. Leo College
Johnny Garcia, Ph.D. is Founder and CEO of SimIS Inc. He has over 20 years of engineering experience that includes systems architecture design, software development, database development, C4I systems development, logistics systems development, and new technology insertion for the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, NASA, Department of Commerce and Department of Homeland Security.
Dr Garcia has received a BA and BS from St Leo College, MBA and MS from Florida Institute of Technology and a Ph.D. in Modeling and Simulation from Old Dominion University. Dr. Garcia is a veteran of the US Navy, a member of Ascension Catholic Church in Virginia Beach, is the proud father of wonderful twin daughters Hope and Faith, and is married to his lovely wife Lorena. Johnny is a leader in the community and has been recognized as an expert in M&S.
- Garcia, Johnny. (2010). Methodology Supporting Architecture Evaluations (MAVS). Spring Simulation Conference.
- Garcia, Johnny. (2009). Executable Architecture Analysis Model (EAAM). Proceedings of the ITEA LVC Conference Las Cruses, NM.
- Garcia, Johnny, Browning, J. (2006). Innovations in Process Modeling as Applied to JFCOM Joint Experimentation Directorate Division Experiment Management Teams. Spring SIW 06S-SIW-015.
- Garcia, Johnny (2003) Data interoperability utilizing the Command and Control Information Exchange Data Model (C2IEDM), 71st MORS conference, Spring2003
- Garcia, Johnny (2003) Introduction of Extensible Modeling and Simulation Framework (XMSF) for Joint Forces Command, Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation & Education Conference IITSEC 2003.
- Garcia, Johnny (2003) Joint Experimentation Database Support System (JEDSS), Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation & Education Conference IITSEC 2003.
- Garcia, Johnny (2003) Importance of Web-Enabled Modeling & Simulation Applications within the Global Information Grid with Current and Future Capabilities, WEBSIM, 2003 WEBSIM Workshop, 2003.