As job opportunities are forwarded to the department from employers, we will post them on this page. Please continue to check this page for positions that are forwarded to the department.
Posted on March 24, 2014
Application Engineer USA/CANADA
Data visualization is a fast growing sector in the world of business, science and industry. FEI Visualization Sciences Group develops innovative solutions for 3D visualization in a wide range of areas such as scientific research, geosciences, medical, design and mechanical engineering, materials science, and NDT.
We provide industry-leading organizations with interactive 3D data visualization software and solutions that help business, scientific and engineering users gain critical insight from all types of data.
Overview & Responsibilities
You will build and maintain the technical relationship with FEI customers. You will need to understand customer applications and map them to our products and capabilities and help presenting and implementing them for our customers. You will develop demonstrations, benchmarks, prototypes, and customized solutions based on our product portfolio. You will attend and contribute to the organization of exhibitions, conferences and seminars. You will work very closely with our sales and our engineering organization.
Territory: USA and CANADA.
Software: 3D visualization framework for scientists and engineers - non programmer (Avizo, Amira and Visilog product lines), and also custom engineering services.
Qualified candidates will have the following accountabilities:
- Accompany sales managers and account managers on customer visits to provide technical sales support and assist in the promotion of FEI products at trade shows on a timely manner.
- Work with the R&D engineering in Europe and product teams to turn special customer requirements into saleable products or features.
- Provide customized engineering services to existing or new FEI customers.
- Active sales support role in the form of prospecting for new accounts and building Pipeline by converting prospective accounts.
- Provide feedback from existing customers, prospects, and the sales force to assist in the definition of product configurations or enhancements that target specific markets or market segments.
- Customer engagement: Understanding the most critical elements of the customer experience and identifying opportunities to create a differentiated experience for FEI customers. Producing sales tools and training that help demonstrate the value of FEI products and services to customers.
- Building customer loyalty: Generating awareness and building customer preference, dependence and loyalty for FEI's offerings in key markets and segments.
- Assist in the development of sales support materials including brochures, applications notes, product data sheets, competitive matrices and technical presentations.
- Develop and present technical papers at professional symposia, author technical articles for trade press.
» Develop and present training programs to the sales force to inform them of new products, enhancements, or competitive issues.
» Share experience with other Application Engineers in FEI.
Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 5 or more years successful developer experience or application engineer experience.
- Technical requirements:
» Strong experience in image processing.
» Scientific visualization experience with commercial software (Avizo, Amira, ImageJ, ITK/VTK, Mimics, Simpleware, VG Studio, Tecplot, Paraview,...).
» Programming experience is a plus : C++, .NET and Visual Basic programming as well as Python and TCL scripting, Matlab, LabView
» General knowledge in Life Sciences, Materials Science, and/or Industrial Inspection is a plus.
» Knowledge in one or more engineering or research discipline as listed in position description of imaging technology, such as optical and confocal microscopy, Electron microscopy, micro-Tomography, X-Ray, etc
- Physical Requirements: This position requires excellent communication skills (listening and speaking), and the ability to successfully handle all or a number of the job functions at or about the same time, and be able to prioritize functions. Additional requirements include performing activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g., listening to and responding to customer problems via telephone and email, giving technical direction, and technical programming and analysis.
- Candidate should be open minded and always willing to learn continuously.
- About 30-40% travels required.
- Languages: English (fluent), Spanish is a plus.
The position is open in Houston, TX
Forward questions, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org